I will be proposing an alternative explanation for these events, contrary to the official military line.

Five unexplained events of July 3, 1947:

(A) 1710 hours: Intermittent radar contact with an unidentified aircraft crossing Mexico/U.S. border into California at implausible speed and altitude. Faulty radar equipment is blamed;

(B) 1725 hours: Failed intercept attempt northwest of Las Vegas. The missile fired was explained as pilot error possibly related to altitude issues;

Alien spacecraft intercept

(C) 1734 hours: Loss of radar contact near the Grand Canyon as the aircraft exhibits strange behavior before disappearing completely. Faulty radar equipment is blamed;

(D) 1904 hours: (Dismissed) brief radar contact over Cibola National Forest N.M.;

Roswell crashed alien spacecraft intercepted by B29 Superfortress and possibly shot doen

(E) 1932 hours: (Possible) unidentified aircraft sighted southwest of Albuquerque N.M.


Alien crash at Roswell 1947
Radar recorded flight path of the alien spacecraft that eventually crashed at Roswell in 1947

History records these events as unrelated, and as a series of errors, misunderstandings and mistaken observations from a paranoid military struggling with new technology. Or are they actually connected with a single explanation?

EXTRACT from the INTRODUCTION pages of Roswell’s Final Witness:

Visibility was patchy at best. The unexpected enormous weather front over the Cibola National Forest area in central New Mexico, southwest of Albuquerque, now continued to grow with unnatural haste. Flying conditions across most of New Mexico that evening deteriorated rapidly, with gusty winds and patchy rain. Even the mighty B-29 Superfortresses were tossed about like toys . . . no match for this fearsome display from mother nature.

Normally, entering the heart of a superstorm of this intensity would be avoided at all cost. Only in times of war or aggression would such high-stake risks be considered. No aircraft was immune to the dangers presented by a weather event of this magnitude. It was testimony to the high level of perceived threat from the U.S.S.R. that such a high-risk decision by Colonel Curtis to chance the storm was made. Three B-29 Superfortresses would face the storm’s full wrath in search of their prey.

Having passed directly over Albuquerque, the three B-29s now faced the superstorm head on. The storm’s front stood like an impassable wave rolling menacingly towards them at 55 mph, making the combined speed of approach over 250 mph. Spectacular displays of electrical discharge revealed the sinister conflict ahead.

The Superfortress Flight Commanders listened alertly to the chatter on the radio as they slowed their approach velocities to the massive fifty-mile front of the storm. This was no ordinary intercept. Every scrap of intel that might reveal the bogey’s position was paramount to a successful conclusion.

The radar facility at White Sands Proving Ground hadn’t made contact with the bogey for more than 20 minutes. However, under the experienced guidance of Colonel Curtis, the Roswell Army Airfield control tower’s crew accurately tracked the advancing storm front and optimized the B-29s’ entry points so as to account for the bogey’s last position and heading. The Superfortresses were each spread five miles apart at an altitude of 25,000 feet.

The B-29s’ onboard radar operators desperately searched for the slightest clue to the bogey’s whereabouts. They were completely blind to the supercell storm’s dark heart however. As they drew closer to the menace of the storm, each of the B-29s’ eleven very nervous crew braced themselves expectantly. Spotters were placed at every viewing opportunity available.

As the B-29s punched through the leading wall of the storm the aircraft were thrown about violently. Radar and radio communication failed immediately. Massive bursts of thunder and lightning erupted in every direction as icy blasts flexed the wings. It was like no other storm any of the crew had experienced before. It now became very clear that the decision to enter this superstorm was a huge mistake.

Twenty-nine-year-old Commander Steven West commanded the B-29 that was to the port side of the other two aircraft. ‘Turnabout! Get us out of here,’ he screamed at the pilots. The internal communication system was down.

The Superfortress struggled as it banked steadily, but gently, to port. Handling this Goliath in such violent circumstances took every bit of skill and determination the pilots could muster.

‘There it is,’ the starboard side pilot yelled out. ‘At my two o’clock.’

It was Senior Pilot Neville Waters that got first glimpse of the sleek silver craft moving stealthily through the storm’s camouflage. It somehow seemed at ease with the chaos, almost as if flowing amid the icy torrents and spectacular movement of electrical energy. It was about a quarter mile off to starboard, and at an identical 25,000 feet altitude, moving diagonally across their path to the southwest. The storm quickly obscured their line of sight, but it was sufficient time to make an educated guess as to where the bogey would be. To avoid a potential collision, the pilots struggled to bank the aircraft more steeply to port.

It was necessary to relay the information to the Right-Hand Gunner Jack Dunnet. Not seeing anything at first, Dunnet fired several short bursts randomly into the storm’s ferocity. Then without warning, there it was, glistening ominously with the lightning flashes. It couldn’t be more than a hundred yards away. Dunnet deftly adjusted the firing direction of his fully remote-controlled, computer-aided twin .50 Browning M2 machine guns.

‘I’ve got you!’ screamed Dunnet, unable be heard over the roar of the storm’s fury and the devastating firepower of his weaponry. Dunnet sensed a kill; adrenalin pulsed through his veins.

The silver aircraft veered sharply to port, ducking under and barely missing the tail of the B-29, riding the crest of the storm front as if well practiced in the art of avoiding detection in such circumstances. It was an extremely risky, but highly effective ploy. The bogey disappeared into the stormy night with no further sightings made by Commander West’s crew.

All six B-29 Superfortresses patrolled the New Mexico skies until it became necessary to return to Roswell for refueling. The storm raged on for another four to five hours, eventually turning southeast before finally petering out northwest of Roswell. There would be no fourth of July flyovers this year.

End of Extract.

The first novel of the Caesar Rising series, Roswell’s Final Witness, is due for completion in 2018 – Michael Muxworthy

"We should never have trusted the aliens"
The encounter with aliens at Roswell finally revealed.

Lateral Thinking is used extensively throughout Roswell’s Final Witness. If you have ever wanted to understand the lateral thinking process, the Caesar Rising series builds a relationship with the reader that educates the reader and immerses them in the Lateral Thinking derived creativity that reveals so much.

Some of the amazing discoveries we make from the alien encounter at Roswell using lateral thinking in Roswell’s Final witness include:

  • Alien intervention on Earth;
  • A second Roswell crash site;
  • UFO’s are revealed;
  • President John F. Kennedy was assassinated because of lies told about the Roswell crash;
  • Majestic 12 are involved in Kennedy’s death;
  • Skunkworks, part of the Lockheed Corporation, is at the heart of many of the revelations.

If you want a taste of the Lateral Thinking experience, please click here.

Kennedy assassination unintended consequence of the Roswell alien encounter
Roswell witness